Sunday, December 11, 2011

Halloween+Thanksgiving=Lots of orange things

     I never realized how orange life becomes during the months of October and November.  I mean seriously.  People wear orange, people eat orange, all you see is orange.  From the leaves changing colors, to "Welcome Fall" signs with pumpkins on porches, to the desserts and casseroles covered in cheese (definitely not complaining about that)...it's just a lot of orange.  Throw in the all of the construction I drive through each week on 114, and I swear, it's the only color my brain recognizes these days.  It's a good thing I LOVE fall and everything it brings! 
     We had a pretty great October! Jonah didn't go trick-or-treating, but he did have his picture taken looking adorable in his penguin costume. I am so thankful that I have such a great friend, Jessica, who takes Jonah's pictures and edits them for us!! Here is just a small sample of some of the amazing pictures she took.








     Are those not the cutest pictures you have ever seen in your whole entire life?!?!?!?  UGH!!!! 

For Thanksgiving, we were blessed to have a pretty low-key holiday. That is exactly what we needed. My sister got married the weekend before Thanksgiving, so we spent that weekend in Lubbock. For Thanksgiving David's mom and dad came to Dallas, which means we ddin't have to make back-to-back road trips to Lubbock--HOORAY!! We had the most delicious meal at David's Aunt's house in Dallas. Oh man, it was great-the best pork tenderloin ever!! We have so much to be thankful for. It has been a tremendously difficult past few months, with trials and tribulations that I still haven't come to see the "good" in, but I'm choosing to believe that God is good (this will probably be a blog title in the near future). And I am thankful. I am thankful for my husband and my sweet baby boy. I'm thankful for my mom, my brother and his family, my sister and his family and the family I married into. I am thankful for 28 years with greatest daddy in the world. I am thankful for OCH and the co-workers I have been blessed with. I am thankful for our small group--I don't know what we would have done with them. I am thankful for Jessica and Clay Hooten. I am thankful for The Village Church. And I am thankful for each and every friend God has blessed me with. Being thankful is something I strive to be better at--so many beautiful things flow out of a grateful heart. I'll stop rambling now and post some pictures.










  

No comments:

Post a Comment