Tuesday, March 13, 2012

9 months...really?!?!

So, I'm just pretty terrible at keeping my blog updated.  I really thought I would be blogging day and night once Jonah was born--I think I had lofty expectations of my time management skills!  Oh well...

So Jonah had his 9 month check-up on Friday, February 10th.  Because he has been getting his vaccines on schedule, he didn't have to have any shots this visit.  However, that doesn't mean it was a needle-free appointment.  They pricked his finger to "draw blood" so they could check his blood levels.  It's really a pretty awful method of collecting blood, but I guess that's what you have to do with the babies.  They pricked his finger and then squeezed it while raking it over the edge of a teeny tiny vile.  They had to rub it over the edge like 25 times to get enough to fill it up.  Fortunately, our little Jonah boy has always been a champ with these things.  He just watched them do it--didn't phase him a bit.  We had to wait until the next day to get results from his blood test (more on that in a minute).

After Jonah dropped a little on the growth charts at his last visit, I wasn't surprised.  I mean, what are the odds that David and I would actually have a kiddo who was going to grow up to be 6'4"??   I figured his 6 month visit was the beginning of a "slowing down" trend and we would watch him kind of move toward the 50th percentile curve.  Before I report these, I have to admit that they didn't give us a print out at this visit so I'm trying to remember these off of the top of my head.  They may be off just a little, but it's close!!

Age: 15 days
Age: 9 weeks
Age: 4.5 months
Age: 6 months
Age: 9 months

Weight: 8.9 pounds 87th Percentile
Weight: 12.9 pounds 87th Percentile
Weight: 14.8 pounds 46th Percentile
Weight: 16.8 pounds 49th Percentile
Weight: 19.4 poinds 40th Perceintile

Height: 21.7 in 98th Percentile
Height: 25 in 99th Percentile
Height: 27 in 97th Percentile
Height: 27.3 in 87th Percentile
Height: 30 in 90th Percentile

Head Circ: 14.5 in 73rd Percentile
Head Circ: 15.3 in 30th Percentile
Head Circ: 16.5 in 39th Percentile
Head Circ: 17 in 43rd Percentile
Head Circ: They didn't tell us

Hopefully, I'll remember to ask for a print-out at his 12 months and I can confirm all of the above.  But I do remember, for sure, that he was back in the 90th percentile for height...so crazy?!? Maybe we have a first baseman on our hands!!  I'm just so glad he's a growing, healthy boy!

Now, back to his bloodwork.  Dr. B called us Monday morning to let me know that Jonah came back a little anemic.  He also said that it didn't look like he had an iron problem, but rather that it looked like his levels were low because of an infection.  Jonah had gotten over RSV (praise the Lord that he had a mild case and recovered with just rest and tylenol--no breathing treatments or other medications needed) a week or two before his check-up, so Dr. B wanted to wait 4 weeks and then check again.
We went back on March 8th.  Nurse Judy called the next morning and said that everything looks good--NO WORRIES!!! That was such a welcome phone call!  I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I'm a little bit of a worrier ;)

So overall, we have a healthy, happy, handsome and tall little boy!  Here's a little bit about Jonah's favorites at 9 months:

Girlfriends: Cozette, Harper and Matea (but Matea was his first-lol)
Foods: Pretty much any fruit or veggie pureed, cheerios, puffs, Mum Mums, Yogurt Melts, and Annie's organic Honey Bunnies, not a huge fan of pieces of fruit or veggies yet.
Activities: Army crawling EVERYWHERE using his big toes to push off, jumping in his Baby Einstein jumper, waving with the 3rd grave wave to everyone, clapping, posing on his side propped up on one elbow, putting toys in things (a pot, a basket, his car toy), playing in front of the mirror, swinging, talking all of the time!!
Sounds to make: duh duh duh duh, mmmm, and the silliest sound ever where he flicks his tongue against his bottom lip and uses different inflections like he is having an entire conversation with himself or the dog.

Jonah is one happy, analytical, sweet-spirited, laid back little boy.  I could not imagine what our life would be like without him.  He is the greatest blessing in the entire world!!  We love him more than we could have ever imagined.  I hope he always knows that he is loved beyond belief!!

No comments:

Post a Comment