Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jonah and Mommy...

Dear Jonah,
I wanted to write down a few little things, like songs and nicknames, that you and I share just between us.  I love our little moments together and I want to be able to remember some of the things we did.  I'm sure it's not that interesting to anyone else, but when I look back in a few years, I don't want to not be able to remember. 

Some of the songs I like to sing to you:
1. Jesus Loves Me
2. Jesus Loves the Little Children
3. Mary had a Little Lamb
4. Hush Little Baby
5. To the tune of "Oh My Darling" : Jonah Baby, Jonah Baby, you're my sweet Jonah Boy.  You are precious and I love you, Jonah Baby, Jonah Boy.
6. To the tune of "Frere Jacques": I love Jonah, I love Jonah. Yes I do. Yes I do. He is my favorite boy, he is my favorite boy. Yes he is. Yes he is.
7. To the tune of Jingle Bells: Sh Sh Sh, Sh Sh Sh, etc.  Don't judge me, it works!

Some of the nicknames I have call you:
1. Jonah Baby
2. Jonah Boy
3. Jonah Stink
4. Stinky Stink ( I probably call him this more than anything, lol)
5. Babycakes
6. Sweet Pea
7. Baby J

Some of my favorite things you do with momma:
1. I love when you smile at me, and bring both fists up to your mouth when you see me.  It's like you get so excited, you don't know what to do with yourself.
2. I love it when you put a hand up on my neck or chest when you're nursing.
3. Some of my favorite moments are when we sit in the rocking chair, read a book, and then pray for all of your friends and family.
4. The big grin you give me in the morning when you wake up.
5. When you babble MAH, MAH.  I know you don't know what you're saying, but I will always remember that you made the mmm sound before the ddd sound!!

Jonah, you have been more of a blessing to me than I could ever put into words.  You have brought more love and joy to me than I could have imagined.  You came into my life at the most perfect time. God, in His infinite grace and wisdom, knew that with great loss, I would need great love.  You, my sweet boy, are great love. You have changed me in ways I can't even comprehend sometimes, and to say that I am grateful for you doesn't even scratch the surface.  I pray that you know how vast our Father's love for you is, and that you know Him early and well.  I also pray that you always know how much you are loved by your mommy.  You are such a beautiful and precious little boy!

                                                                                                           Love,
                                                                                                               Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment