Sunday, February 13, 2011

24 Weeks!

So, I'm going to give a 24 week update a couple of weeks late: because that's the way I roll. If you know me, you know that already! I also don't have a belly picture for this update, so I'm sorry. But it was definitely bigger than the previous picture so use your imagination: just please don't add a lot of weight to my face--that's rude. Our 24 week visit took place on Friday, January 28th. So where were at 24 weeks?

Baby's Stats: He measured 9 inches from crown to rump (but let's be honest, our kid is probably a little behind on the height chart) and weighed somewhere around 1.5 pounds. HE WAS AN EGGPLANT!!

Baby's Development: This week was all about circulation and breathing! He's developing more and more blood vessels under his skin and in his lungs. He's also beginning to develop surfactant in his lungs which will keep them from collapsing once he enters the world! His nostrils are also no longer plugged up so he can practice breathing through his nose (even though right now he's just sucking goo up that nose).

Weight Gain: UGH!! At my 24 week visit I had gained 14 pounds, I think. I don't exactly remember, I just know it has gotten out of control since then, so I'll have to pray about disclosing that info after my 28 week visit.

Pregnancy Symptoms: OUCH! I have been having a lot of back pain lately! It happens mostly when I have to sit down for a prolonged period of time (ie. more than 20-30 minutes). If i'm up and moving, I'm usually feeling pretty well! I'm also starting to have some heartburn here and there--it has actually woken me up a few times lately. The worst part about being woken up by heartburn, is that I'm having a really hard falling asleep in general. I usually have to take a Benadryl to fall asleep at night. I will just lay there and my mind will race thinking about the most random things!!

Cravings: All I want for breakfast is blueberries and vanilla yogurt--yay healthy!!! I also usually want a big glass of cold milk at night before I go to sleep--yay, still pretty healthy!! I also have eaten a lot of Brach's Conversation Hearts--Whoopsies! But if you know me at all, you know that I can't resist them--don't judge me.

Maternity Clothes: I finally found a pair of maternity jeans that earn at least an "acceptable" in the cute department and a "YES MA'AM!" in the comfort department. They're awesome--I'm a huge fan of the full belly panel and I may never go back to those muffin-top creating squeezers. I am still squeezing into my swimsuit at work when I do pool therapy, but I'm not sure how much longer that's going to last. I also continue to learn that tighter is better when it comes to maternity tops: if it doesn't hug you, you look like "Big Bertha Under the Big Top"--getting a mental picture??

Nursery and Name: WE ORDERED BEDDING!!!! Thank goodness. It only took months of looking at hundreds of pictures (literally) and many nights staying up late trying to envision the perfect nursery to realize that I needed to chill out-lol. So we ended up choosing a set from Land of Nod that's not anything like what we had originally pictured. But I'm growing to love it, and I'm excited for it to all get here. We also got our crib, dresser and hutch in a few weeks ago--but most of it is still in boxes because the nursery still isn't cleaned out. In the name department, we've narrowed it down to 3. And his middle name will be Porter. That's all we can confirm at this point.

Belly Button: It's ginormous and it's starting to poke out. There's no hope of it staying in anymore. Oh well!!

Since I have no belly picture, I tried to upload our sonogram video from 24 weeks. After waiting for 25 minutes for it to finish, I gave up. Maybe next time??

No comments:

Post a Comment